Onsdag den 13:e september år 2023
Today's name is: Steer. Congratulations on your name day!
This is week: 37
Day of the year is: 256 of total 365 days.
Historical events this day: (from Wikipedia)
- 509 BC – Temple of Jupiter on of Rome Capitol Hill inaugurated on ideas in September.
- 81 – Domitian becomes roman emperor.
- 533 – Belisarius and the Roman Empire crumbles Gelimer and the vandals in Carthage.
- 604 - Then Gregory I has passed it away the 12th of March is selected Sabinianus to the Pope.3
- 1276 - Since Hadrian V has passed it away August 18 is selected Pedro Julio to Pope (the only Portuguese Pope, and the only one in office, who has been a doctor) and takes the name John XXI, despite the fact that there has been no John XX, because he wants to correct what is then believed to be an error in the sequence numbers of John Popes 15–19.
- 1501 – David (statue) begins to be erected.
- 1504 – Isabella I of Castile and Ferdinand II of Aragon issues a royal warrant for the construction of a royal chapel (Capilla Real) to be built.
- 1584 – El Escorial near Madrid is being completed.
- 1609 – Henry Hudson reaches the river later named after him— Hudson River.
- 1645 – ]
- 1743 - Great Britain, Austria and the Kingdom of Sardinia sign the Treaty of Worms.
- 1757 - That Pomeranian War begins with the Swedish army breaking into the Prussian Pomerania.
- 1759 - The city Québec stormed and taken in the battle on the plains of abraham of British troops, which means that Canada comes under British rule.
- 1770 - Then the Danish-Norwegian king Christian VII has officially been declared mentally ill, his internist succeeds Johann Friedrich Struensee overthrow the then Danish Prime Minister Andreas Peter Bernstorff and in practice take over the reigns of Denmark and Norway for 16 months. Christian VII is forever removed from government and rule, but remains officially King of Denmark and Norway until his death 1808.
- 1791 – Louis XVI of France accepts the new constitution.
- 1808 - The Swedes defeat the Russians in the battle of Jutas.
- 1850 – John Russell Hind detects asteroid 12 Victoria.
- 1868 – JC Watson detects asteroid 104 Clymene.
- 1882 - During Anglo-Egyptian War of 1882 the Battle of Tell El Kebir is fought.
- 1898 – Hannibal Goodwin patents celluloid photographic film.
- 1899 - Mackinder, Ollier and Brocherel make the first ascent of Batian (5,199 meters), the highest peak of Mount Kenya.
- 1900 – ]
- 1906 - The first flight in Europe with a powered aircraft is carried out in Paris of the Brazilian Alberto Santos-Dumont.
- 1914 – First Battle of the Aisne begins.
- 1916 – Mary, one Asian elephant at the Sparks Circus in the United States, was publicly hanged in the city Erin in Tennessee, after two days before, having killed a newly hired attendant.
- 1926 – The railway accident in Murulla.
- 1933 – Elizabeth McCombs becomes the first woman elected to New Zealand's parliament.
- 1935 - The actor Judy Garland do one audition at the film company MGM, which leads to her making several films for them.
- 1940 – The Italians initiates one invasion of Egypt.
- 1956 – The IBM 305 RAMAC is introduced, and is the first commercial computer to use disk storage.
- 1968 – Cold War: Albania leaves The Warsaw Pact.
- 1970 – New York Marathon being organized for the first time.
- 1977 - The space shuttle Enterprise postponed on assignment ]
- 1982 – Grace Kelly suffer from one stroke and drive off the road on the way home to Monaco. Princess of Monaco and daughter Stephanie taken to hospital, where Kelly dies the following day.
- 1985 - Super Mario Bros is released in Japan for Nintendo, and it kicks off the Super Mario series of platform games.
- 2001 - Civil aircraft traffic resumes in the USA after the September 11 attacks.
- 2003 - A typhoon in South Korea killing at least 58 people and forcing 250,000 people to leave their homes.
- 2006 – The shooting drama at Dawson College takes place.
- 2007 – UN Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples is assumed.
- 2008 - Delhi, India, suffers a series of bomb blasts, resulting in 30 deaths and 130 injuries.8
- 2013 - Species Homo naledi is discovered.